The Wolverton Centre currently offer the following contraceptive services (family planning)
- Emergency pill (the morning after pill)
- Emergency coil (a small plastic and copper device that is inserted into your womb)
- Male condom
- Female condom
- The Pill (taken daily)
- Natural family planning
- Injection – given in the buttocks every 3 months
- Implant – a small flexible rod inserted in the upper arm lasting up to 3 years
- Coil – a plastic/copper device inserted into the womb lasting up to 5 years
If you would like to have a coil inserted, please book an appointment to discuss this first.
If you have been referred by your GP and/or have a complicated issue (missing coil threads, other medical condition) you will need to be seen in our Complex Contraception Appointment Clinic*. Please discuss this when you telephone.
Please note we are not able to fit/replace IUS for women aged 55 or over for non-contraception reasons. (Please contact your GP).
If you need emergency contraception and the clinic is closed clinic here